Thursday, November 21, 2013

Max and Ruby

A few weeks ago I entered a random contest on Facebook through Koba Entertainment and ended up winning four tickets to see Max and Ruby live along with a meet n' greet. I enter random things like that all the time, so I wasn't really expecting to win. When I did win, I had that moment of panic though: can I accept this? I emailed them back right away and asked about accessibility. You just never know. The PR person was great, said she'd notified the venue about our needs.

Kingsley is a huge Max and Ruby fan. Anyone who has seen the show seems to either love it or hate it. Simply put: children love it, parents hate it. I actually don't mind it that much. It makes Kingsley laugh. I kind of admire Ruby's patience with Max. And Grandma reminds me of Jeff's mom.


The kids were incredibly excited to go, all three of them. They were bouncing off the walls as we got ready to leave. Jeff had no desire to come had to work late, so it was just me and the three monkeys. We arrived early and picked up our tickets. As soon as we handed them over at the gate, the nice man there informed me that we didn't have a wheelchair seat and immediately went back to the ticket area to fix that. The Meet n Greet people had also not been prepared for a wheelchair backstage, but they figured out a solution quickly. Very nice people.

I tried very hard to prepare King for what he was about to meet. Little animated characters are one thing, ginormous costumed adults are something entirely different. I couldn't prep him enough. We went through the door and Kingsley just froze. Wide eyed, mute. He wouldn't high five, he wouldn't wave, he wouldn't do so much as a thumbs up in their direction. Cordelia also froze. Rachel acted as though Max and Ruby were her long lost BFF's. I could only stand by and laugh.


The show was very entertaining. The kids loved it, we had great seats. No, their parents weren't there. ;)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for all of them. It looks like Cordelia is yelling at him how cool it is in the first picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails