Monday, October 7, 2013

Rockstar Milestones

Kingsley has hit another milestone. This one is so... strange. New-normal-strange. 

He moves his legs. With his hands. 

It's a pretty big milestone, if you think about it. He's going to have to move his legs around to get dressed on his own, transfer himself from his chair to wherever, and I don't even know what else. 

It's been so strange watching him come to this realization. The first time I saw it was when he was sitting and he had moved, which traps one leg underneath him - he leaned back and then pushed his foot forward with his hand to get back into a crossed-legged position. Prior to this, I had always had to adjust his legs for him. The next thing I noticed was in the van, in his carseat. Apparently he has a preference for how his legs dangle, so he moved them. 


Before now, his legs have just been there. He touches them, he knows what they are and that they're his, he'll move what he can if you tell him to, but that's about it. Now, he'll lay on his back, lift from the hips and ask me to help him pull his legs up with his hands, tucking his knees to his chest. 

Something so simple. I'm guessing there are a whole bunch of these milestones that he will hit that I'm completely oblivious to right now. I can't think of what they would be, but he will. 


That's pretty freakin cool. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that the unexpected milestones or the "only apply to you" milestones can be the absolute best and most gratifying. I love that Kingsley is maturing and figuring out his body and how it works and you have taught him that that is the way it should be. :) Love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you and Kingsley at the end. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! He's a little smarty pants! :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails