Sunday, September 22, 2013

Six Questions

I was tagged by Mary Evelyn over at What Do You Do Dear, which means that I have no choice but to answer six questions about myself, because her and her little boy Simeon are so cute and I would hate to see them cry. No one wants to be the reason a little boy is crying. And Cassie did it, so that means all the cool kids are involved. [insert sheep noises]

Here are my six.

1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?

Yes, exactly. Only in the sense that I never really imagined what life would be. Thinking too far ahead gives me anxiety, so I had vague plans about having a partner (but no dream wedding plans whatsoever), I definitely wanted kids, and assumed I'd be brilliantly educated and working with children with special needs of some kind. So, check, check, check, and check. Yep, livin' the dream! ;)


2. What's your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?

I almost feel like I should act like this doesn't happen that often, but... I do really like white wine. Pinot is my preference, but I won't turn down a gross bar white. I prefer to think of it as not being pretentious. I also like Pomtini's. And Palm Bay's.

3. What hobbies do you have that you don't mention in your blog?

This is dreadfully boring, which is probably why I don't mention it in my blog. I like to read, but I go in spurts with it. I love yoga, but sadly don't do enough of it. I took up running, then soccer which ended both my running and my soccer days. Now I've gone back to swimming, which I haven't done in about 15 years but turns out I'm still pretty good at. I also spend a lot of time online reading blogs, research articles (aka Facebook links), and self improvement websites (aka Pinterest). There is also the occasional Mensa-level, brain challenge (aka Candy Crush).

4. Name one thing about yourself that has surprised you.

I don't have control over my facial expressions. If I'm not making eye contact with you it's because I'm thinking something I don't want you to know and so I'm hiding it. This was awful when I was working and was something I would constantly be working on. Dead pan, non-judgmental expressions are hard. Shock. Horror. Amusement. Anger. Disbelief. Confusion. I used to think I was good at this, but turns out I'm not. At least I know now and can try to hide it.

5. How did your blog come about?

OK, so total giveaway question. When I was pregnant with Kingsley we read a lot of blogs and Jeff told me I should start one also. I didn't actually start four years ago, I started after he was born and then back dated stuff I had written in other places. Scandalous.

6. If money were no issue, I'd purchase...

Holy blaze, there's a lot of things I would purchase. I'd do that third-wish-for-more-wishes thing and purchase a huge, jackpot-winning lottery ticket. But if money were no issue, perhaps I would have already won the lotto and this would be overkill. Is it wrong to say a Cure? I'm not sure what for though. Can you purchase a long and happy life for yourself and your family? That's what I'd buy.

OK, now it's your turn. I'm supposed to tag people and taunt them with threats to continue the trend, so Kristin, Amanda, Laura, you're up!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! And you're right, if Cassie did it then you have to as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you chose to follow the cool kids ;) I love that you backdated your blog posts-- genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh rats...Does this mean I have to update my sad blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK if all the cool kids are doing it...
    I gotta add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails