Sunday, August 25, 2013

Goodbye, Sweet Birdy

Some of you may remember a post I wrote nearly a year ago now about meeting a mother who was expecting a little baby girl. This sweet girl was going to be born with only half of her heart. The family was facing surgeries, hospital stays, and serious disruption in the lives of their other four children. Her story touched me so deeply, as I know it did for those of you who started following Ava's story and their family's blog.

Ten days ago, Ava passed away. She was eight months old, waiting for a heart that never came. She was so deeply loved, even by those of us who had never even met her.

It seems cliche to say that her mother inspires me, but she does. Lisa has posted throughout Ava's journey with such grace and conviction. It has not been easy and I don't imagine that will change anytime soon. Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:

  1. Praying hard. I could never imagine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried when I read her blog post about her sweet baby passing. I immediately thought of you and your first post about meeting her mom. <3 I hope they can all heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava and her family are in our thoughts! Such a sad time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails