Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Crazy Good

We are in our new house and it is amazing, there is no other word for it.

The move was on Saturday (my birthday!) and it went perfectly. It was so smooth, I don't think there was a single glitch. Everyone arrived when they were supposed to, everything was delivered and installed on time, and the kids did great at all their grandparents houses.


I know I promised pictures and details, but this house is so beautiful that any pictures I take right now would just not do it justice. I am very good with the unpacking, but things are still a little crazy.

I will say though, I can not get tired of asking, "Where is Kingsley?" all day long. The independence he has here is incredible. He loves to explore, to touch things, to look, to play, to just GO. He has only used his wheelchair in our old house a couple of times and even then could only get so far. The bumbobile is amazing, but puts him at the height of someone on their hands and knees. Here, he spends most of the day in his dynamic stander or wheelchair and he can access every part of every room. I cannot express how grateful I am that we were able to build this house.

He has a new bed that arrived the week before we moved in. It's a top bunk, with the full side rails that come off, but it's a double bed size. We got it from Crate Designs, which is an amazing Canadian company. He loved playing in his new bed the few times we visited the house and watched things being delivered or installed, but come the first night he gave me a look of pure terror when I announced it was now time to SLEEP in the new bed that he loved so much. It took him until nearly 11pm to fall asleep, constantly waking to check and see that I was still there, but he eventually did and the next two nights were/are just fine. He's been skipping his nap, so I'm sure that's helped.


I'm very happy now that the move was delayed a week and that this week is March Break. Having the girls home does slow me down a bit, but our days are so busy settling in that having to get up for school would be dreadful.


Back to unpacking now. :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks SO gorgeous! I am glad everything went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excited feeling for those kiddos! Do you remember moving in '85? I LOVED moving into a new house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that your move went so well ! Answered prayer ;)

    I am also so happy for Kingsley and the girls. It is a totally new world of learning and opportunities.

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you! That is great Kingsley has all that freedom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails