Thursday, March 1, 2012

Living

I've been a total blog fail!  I've been blanking on anything to blog about lately, which I suppose is a good thing, right? We've just been doing boring life stuff, no excitement, no drama, no scares... just the way I like it!

And so for the second  time this year already, I'm going to do a pathetic little recap of all the big things in our life that we are currently consumed with...

1. Rachel's birthday. It's on March 19 and we are planning an epic Mermaid party to beat her Fairy party from last year. When I say 'epic' I do not mean that this will be the type of party that ends up on pinterest, because I am just not that put together, but it will be awesome for her... thanks to pinterest ;)

2. My birthday!! It's next week and to celebrate, I'm going away for the weekend. I've never done this before. It's funny because I'd be the first to give someone a funny look when they say they can't leave their non-breastfed kids, but even though King is no longer attached to me I just haven't ever gone away. So, I'm going. Two days without children or Jeff. I'm giddy with the thought of it!

3. Kingsley finally got his custom seat for his wheelchair! It's GORGEOUS and makes his ride look so cool. He loves it, I love it. I have no pictures. Total fail.

4. Skating! I took Kingsley and Cordelia with my friend Jen and it was a total success!! I'm just so proud of the two of them. We're going to start going a lot more regularly.

5. We are waiting to start speech therapy. He's at the top of the list and we just need to get ready for the call. In the meantime, I feel like he's communicating more and more. I'm so torn on this whole speech thing, it should probably have it's own post, but oh well. ;) I swing from KNOWING that Kingsley does things in his own time and worrying that things don't always go the way they're supposed to with him. Really, if I don't think about it, it doesn't bother me at all. I understand most of what he's trying to communicate to me and he responds as if he understands everything I'm saying to him. Speech will come.

6. Yoga. OK, this is just what my life is revolving around! My beloved Moksha Yoga finally opened another studio TWO MINUTES from my house. 'Love' doesn't begin to describe it, I pretty much want to camp out in their parking lot. I used to go to hot yoga all the time before kids, between pregnancies, and then life just got insane after Kingsley and I haven't been back on my own. I didn't know how much I needed this until I stepped into that hot room and felt like the weight of the last three years just lifted. I get up at 5:15 in the morning to go, that's how much I love it. The downside is that I tend to go to bed a lot earlier and obviously my blogging time has faded away. I'll work that out.

7. Crafts. We've created a crafting monster. Actually, I love it. The three kids sit at the kitchen table together and craft. Kingsley's mediums are crayon and sticker. He's getting quite talented. Mostly, I think he just loves being there with his sisters doing big kid things.

And, yep, that's about it. King's doing great, he's gotten over his colds, he flies around the house getting into trouble, and he's expanded his Love List to include Tyrone from the Backyardigans in addition to Elmo. He's having another brush with fame, but that I really will save for another day. ;)  And I'll start taking pictures, too!

Happy March!

7 comments:

  1. Great updates! You are CRAZY for getting up at 5:15 am though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um photos would have made this post better you know! and where the heck are you going for your birthday! photos! photos! photos! especially of king in his new custom seat! must see! or facetime me soon so we can watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5:15 - wow that's crazy! I wish I had that desire. I think waking up at 7am before the kids is good!
    I love how you think that it's boring and there is nothing to blog about, then you write about how life is just happening and realize that you did have a couple of posts in there!
    Glad the skating is going well - we are going to actually do it next year.
    I completely understand the speach, Nick was just like that. Understands everything just doesn't say anything! Nick is at the talking stage now. But I'll add myself to the list of others saying it will come.
    Glad March is starting off great and boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you love Yoga as much as I hate it. I've tried to love Yoga, I have forced myself to do it a million times because I want to like it. I see the benefit and the challenge but I hate it. Maybe if I did Yoga with you I would enjoy it more...hmmm..too bad you live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have liked to see some photos photos with this post too. ;) But yay for things going well, and awesome news about the yoga studio! We have a March birthday party coming up too and I'm pretty dry on ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww put the pics up when you can. I totally understand this, and I'm right there with you on the whole "blog fail" thing. Its a rare day. but usually that means things are going pretty A-okay hopefully. And King WILL get that whole talking thing down, don't you worry. Although I'm with you on the on/off worry anyway front. Alex is turning three (wow) in a couple months and the talking thing is WAY behind "typical." lightyears. but these boys are not "typical" in any other way either, are they? Nope. they are AWESOME. Talking will come and then like every one says we'll be shaking our heads some days saying "I can't believe we were worried......now they won't stop....ha,ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good things going on, that is great news! I hope you have a great weekend away! And Happy Birthday to you and Rachel (early so I don't forget)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails